Business Development Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a strong relationship builder to work for our well-established client based in Wetherby. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to effectively develop new and existing business opportunities throughout the UK. You will be instrumental in assisting the company meet and exceed annual growth and profit targets through new business generation and account management.
The position is full-time, salary £40,000 plus company car and pension.
We are looking for candidates from a technical sales background who have experience within engineering or manufacturing.
Specific Responsibilities: -
- Search for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximise client potential in designated regions
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Persuade clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price, and delivery
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Carefully and accurately communicate all details of customer requirements to all appropriate personnel and organise and attend pre-quote reviews as necessary
- Calculate client quotations and administer client accounts including adding contracts etc onto the current operating system
- Ensure all quotations are raised and followed up within 24 hours
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required
- Arrange and carry out product training where necessary
- Analyse costs and sales and prepare monthly reports for management meetings
- Meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events
- Liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
- Help in the design of custom-made products
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team as required
Required skills and attributes -
- Ideally have three years business development experience
- Technical sales background with experience in engineering or manufacturing
- Outgoing personality and a strong relationship builder
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to read a situation and understand customer requirements
- The ability to work in a team but also on own initiative
- Commercially aware, driven, and self-motivated
Please email your CV via the link to Louise at Unity Resourcing.