Our client based in Harrogate is looking for a Service Engineer / Delivery Driver to carry out deliveries, servicing, and repairs throughout the North of England. We are looking for candidates who have a strong work ethic, good problem-solving skills, able to lift heavy items and ideally have electrical or mechanical experience or an interest in this area. You will be dealing with customers so you must have excellent customer service skills, be a company ambassador and deal with customers in a caring, friendly, and empathetic way.
Salary £24,000 - £25,000 depending on experience, plus excellent benefits
Hours of work Monday – Friday 8.00 – 17.00.
Responsibilities include –
- Delivery of equipment to customers across the North of England as required
- Attend all necessary servicing, call outs and installations
- Research parts for repairs, liaising with suppliers
- Phone support / diagnosis as required to minimize visits to customers
- Attend to repairs of returned items in the workshop
- Follow procedures in all areas of work including completing paperwork etc
- Ensure your van and workshop area is kept tidy and organised
- Back up warehouse cover, assisting with booking stock in / out
- Cover for breakdowns over weekends and holiday periods as required by our rota system
- Take note of any sales opportunities and pass them on to the sales team
Skills and attributes required –
- Possess self-confidence, positive mentality and can-do attitude.
- Ideally have mechanical and/or electrical knowledge and experience.
- Have a full UK driving license.
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn, and to develop a sound technical knowledge of the product ranges.
- Work as a team - communicate with team members at all times to inform of any issues or ideas for improvements.
- Manage time effectively ensuring urgent requests are responded to immediately.
- Accountability – be accountable for any tasks you are given to undertake ensuring the job is completed to the best of your ability, and within the time allocated.
Please send your CV to Louise – Unity Resourcing or please call if you require any further information.