Based in Thirsk, salary £26,000 - £28,000, annual profit related bonus, 25 days holiday
Full-time or 30 hours per week.
Our client is looking for a driven and forward-thinking Finance Coordinator to take an active role in the finance team with implementing new processes and ensuring the department works efficiently. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a varied and hands on position that wants to learn and develop their career. You will be working in small and supportive finance team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual accounts including depreciation, accruals and prepayments
• Reconcile balance sheet control accounts and nominal ledgers
• Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
• Report on key business metrics and engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas
• Manage the preparation of the company's budget. Report to management on variances from the established budget and the reasons for those variances
• Stock valuation and analysis
• Process the monthly payroll using SAGE. Keep abreast of HMRC changes.
• Pension administration and payments
• Reconcile bank statements
• Prepare and process VAT, EC sales and Intrastat returns and any statistical reports
• Prepare Intergroup recharges and reconciliations
• Keep accurate HR administration and maintain staff records. Record holiday and sick absence.
• Create additional analysis and reports as requested by management
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSON REQUIREMENTS
AAT certificate or related accountancy qualification or be qualified by experience
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable taking the lead
Good organisational skills and ability to work to implement own processes
Able to work independently with remote management support
Experience of using Microsoft software and accountancy packages
Please send your CV via the link to Louise at Unity Resourcing